Director of Advancement
Walla Walla Catholic Schools
Walla Walla, Washington
How to apply: Please send letter of interest, resume, and list of 3-5 references to email@example.com. Applications open February 1, 2018; review will begin February 23. Open until filled. Position begins no later than July 1 with the opportunity to start earlier.
The Walla Walla Catholic Schools, a co-ed, K-12 school system with c. 300 students currently enrolled, seeks an experienced, results-oriented, collaborative senior fundraising professional to serve as the Director of Advancement. In an environment of stable leadership, a committed governing Board and Endowment Board, a dedicated faculty, and enthusiastic volunteers, the Director of Advancement will work for WWCS in collaboration with the President of the Walla Walla Catholic Schools, staff, and volunteers to advance the mission of the WWCS to provide an “Education for Life.”
General Function: The Director of Advancement is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive institutional advancement program for the Walla Walla Catholic Schools. The Director of Advancement reports directly to the Pastor-President and works collaboratively with the Marketing Communications and Enrollment Coordinator, the Principal, the WWCS Board, the WWCS Endowment Board, the Alumni Association, and all senior staff and administrators.
- Manage and support the Annual Giving Campaign and all related initiatives.
- Identify, cultivate, communicate with, and solicit major gifts prospects for the WWCS Endowment.
- Initiate and oversee upcoming and future capital campaigns, working closely with capital campaign chairs, board members, and other volunteers.
- Develop, implement, and manage planned giving program, providing mechanisms for bequests and charitable trusts.
- Develop and implement fundraising policies and procedures.
- Develop donor and prospective donor stewardship programs, making personal solicitations as necessary.
- Oversee gift giving process and recognition program.
- Responsible for the annual operating budget of the Advancement Office and reports to the Pastor-President and Boards on outcomes.
- Oversee donor and gift database through use of up-to-date technology and database management, ensuring comprehensive, accurate constituent, donor and prospective donor records.
- Generate financial reports regarding gifts, grants, and pledges.
- Identify and pursue grants in support of the schools’ mission.
- In collaboration with the WWCS and Endowment Boards, responsible for setting all advancement goals and objectives that are clear and measurable.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years or more of professional advancement experience; experience with major gifts and running a capital campaign preferred.
- Ability to effectively articulate the values and mission of the Walla Walla Catholic Schools and of Catholic education.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain personal relationships with benefactors and the wider school and parish community.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Understanding of computer and constituent software and database management and use of social media; experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Ability to maintain clear, accurate records and prepare accurate and timely reports
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Willingness to be active in local community.
- Creative thinking.
- Highly self-directed with an attention to detail and ability to organize effectively.
Salary: $65,000-75,000 depending on experience, with opportunity for significant bonuses and/or salary raises based on performance.